What can you expect from your involvement with CCI?
• Being part of a friendly hard working team
• Find new interests and learn new skills
• Be supported to help you to achieve your goals
• Make a positive contribution to your community
• Real world, practical skills and experiences
We will meet with you to discuss your interests, skills and experiences and work with you to find a match within CCI. We currently offer the following opportunities:
• Community gardening
• Environmental and conservation activities
• Cooking and creating recipes in the community kitchen
• Community food growing network supporting Clydesdale Foodbank, including gardening groups at local NHS hospitals
• Learning woodcraft skills and producing items for sale
• Making natural skincare products with Langloch Botanics
Why get involved?
• Improve your physical fitness
• Improve your health and wellbeing
• Improve your mental health
• Learn new skills that make positive contributions to your local community
• Expand your social connections
• Develop self confidence
• Gain experience that you may use to progress to employment, training or education
“CCI took me from being a mental and physical wreck to someone who can now make a difference in other people’s lives and once again be happy.”
You can contact CCI directly or you may be referred by your GP, Occupational Therapist or other support agency.
Contact CCI on 01555 664211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Clydesdale Community Initiatives was initially set-up in 2002 to enable young people at risk and adults with mental health issues to develop a derelict site in Lanark, South Lanarkshire. This project was so successful, with both groups gaining exceptional skills and confidence from their involvement, that it was decided they would undertake further projects.